rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I have a 14 inch Hummel girl that my mother bought in Germany

Customer Question

I have a 14 inch Hummel girl that my mother bought in Germany in 1958 the date of it on the bottom is 1957 she has a basket and an envelope it says west Germany on the bottom. I have NO interest in keeping this. Do you know approx value and where to sell it
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 6 months ago.
This is a Hummel West Germany figurine titledMeditation made between 1964-1972 and has avalue of $50 to $60.00.If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest audience.You can sell on or is also of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of exposure and bring the best traffic. If you sell to a dealer, auctioneer or antique or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40%of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I will not pay that amount!!! You are so far off. The 14 inch hummed are rare and as I stated it was made in 1957 as stamped on the bottom NOT 1964-1972. Maybe one of the small size hummels would have the value you stated. This is a farce and I am not happy with you response so refund the $17
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No response yet, I want the amount refunded. You are so far off base, you have no idea