Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers

I am wondering about a clock I have JA: Thanks. Can you

Customer Question

Hi I am wondering about a clock I have
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure, it's Meccedes, has two horses rearing up at each other, wind up movement, I'm wondering if it's worth anything, Ceramic not sure if hand painted
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Antique Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 6 months ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.Is the clock working?Please upload clear pictures of the clock taken from all angles, including a photo of the movement and one of any trademarks or other writing. Please see our help page for help uploading images. to Click "Computer".2. Double click the image you want to upload.3. Click "Start Upload".4. When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.If that doesn't work for you:You can email the pictures to***@******.***, and ask them to forward the pictures to me. You must tell them the pictures are for the Antiques category, and give them your user name and mine, which is Judith-on-Antiques. It is important for you to send the email from the address with which you registered at Just Answer. If you are sending them from a phone, you must put the original email address in the text.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Judith, I am taking the clock to a repair shop to have the mechanism looked at, the main Spring does not wind correctly, I would like to obtain a valuation assuming that it will be working, I cannot make out any date stamp or markings other than the words Meccedes west Germany on the actual clock face,
Here is a link to a picture,
The actual name of the make of your clock is Mercedes, a West German clock company. The ceramic part is Italian.Since it is marked "West Germany", the clock was made in the mid-20th century.If it is in excellent condition, both cosmetic and functional, the current retail (replacement or insurance) value of your lock is approximately $185. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of approximately 40% of the retail amount or $75, depending on location and actual condition. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.If you have any further questions or problems concerning this answer, please let me know.If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.Thank you so much!