Wayne, Auctioneer
Experience:  40 yrs. experience in antiques, jewelry, coins and paintings - ASA 1985
67223111

Clock, French long case comtoise, by Charles

Customer Question

Clock, French long case comtoise, by Charles Lognone, Dol de Bretagne.
Does anyone know anything about this maker ? I am led to believe the clock is dated around 1890 ?
The clock I am enquiring about can be seen on Batemans auctions March 5th 2016 lot No. 629
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
You can look at the clock on Batemans auction site sale no 218
Expert:  Wayne replied 7 months ago.
Hi,My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising clocks for over 40 years, and I can help you with this. I see that this sold for just £75 or $100 US. This was originally a Morbier wall clock and cased later. It is more like 1850 than 1890. This should have sold for about $500 if sold as a Morbirer clock.Thank you,Wayne
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I do not have the clock yet, I puchased it on Ebay last week and I live in Spain, (Almeria) It may be a few weeks till it gets to me.
I paid £ 133-00 for it. As a Morbier/ Comtoise wall clock would it have been hung as an open frame with the brass surround and the weights and pendulum in the open ?
Expert:  Wayne replied 7 months ago.
Yes. The pendulum and the weights would be in the open. I love the look of these. The case is really nice as well. Please consider me with future questions and take time to rate my service.Thanks again,Wayne
Expert:  Wayne replied 7 months ago.
Hi,Is there anything else I can tell you about this? If not please take time to rate my service. This is the way justanswer compensates me for my time and efforts without additional cost to you. It has been a pleasure working with you.Thanks again,Wayne