Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I am trying to decipher a signature on a piece of art. It is

Customer Question

I am trying to decipher a signature on a piece of art. It is 27 inches by 20 inches oil on masonite. It is from Guenther's Galleries of Cleveland which closed in 1962. My guess is that it was purchased after 1931. Since the galleries had a reputation of having important artists, I would like to find out the name of the artist and if I have a valuable piece of art. I purchased it from an estate 35 years ago that had many important pieces. I can supply the pictures you will need. Thank you, ***** *****
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hi Jerry, At your convenience, please send a more clear, in-focus close-up of the signature from different angles as well as a photo of the backside (do not remove from frame). ~Nora
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Let me know if I should try different lighting. I wonder if it is foreign language letters. Jerry Castor
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hi, Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hi There, I am not able to decipher the signature from the images provided. I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra. There is not a guarantee that you will receive a response. I will not be able to respond back after opting-out I do hope you find the information that you seek. ~Nora
Customer: replied 6 months ago.