Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017

I have an antique Japanese doll set of the Emperor's court

Customer Question

I have an antique Japanese doll set of the Emperor's court encased in glass. Approx 2 1/2 ft tall X 2 ft wide. my mother told me it was rare as the dolls faces are all those of children. The shop owner did not even want to sell it to her as she was embarrassed. My mother told her she was a first grade teacher and wanted the set for her class on girls day. I think she paid $25
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hello, You have a doll set that is called Hinamatsuri. Here is a link for you on the history of Hinamatsuri: On today's market, your set in display case can sell for $1500 - $2000. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hello, Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance? Please let me know. Sincerely, Nora