rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I have 3 large spoons, all turned black as though silver: they

Customer Question

I have 3 large spoons, all turned black as though silver: they all have the same marks and a fancy capital V monogram: the marks appear to be 1:a fleur de leys 2:a boatman with oar and passenger or(as rubbed) a duck with something on its back 3: a capital ' D ' with something before it ,and a horizontal line through so may be a' B ' 4:& 5:S : can you help with these marks please?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 6 months ago.
Hello,My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There was just the one picture of the mark.The next step would be for me to see pictures of the spoon front and back as well.Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures (one at a time) and I will be able to complete my answer, thank you!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Wonderful, thank you!These are English silver plated spoons made by Deykin and Sons of Birmingham, England between 1854 to 1895.The value for these are $30 to $40 USD each or about $25GBP each.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.
Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?Please let me know.