Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have a vintage tea caddy. It has hallmarks that are difficult

Customer Question

I have a vintage tea caddy. It has hallmarks that are difficult to read however I do see the letters WMD over an S all contained in a shield.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am interested in who might have made this, when it was produced and its value
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.I will be pleased to help you.Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls.I give my best answers in writing when I have time to think about them.Sometimes a "Chat box" will pop-up asking if you would like a live conversation. Please know it is not from me. Please send me a clear close-up of the marks.You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.To send photos you may use the "attach file" or "add file" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best. Kind regards,Doris
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I really cannot get a clear shot of the four small hallmarks. Will keep trying to work on it after work tonight as my husband has a magnifier on his phone. I have attached photos of it. The only one that I can see is the shield on the far right. It contains WMD over an S. Also there is a number 7 over the hallmarks.
Thank you for the photos but I will wait until this evening when you can send ones I can see a bit better.Kind regards,Doris