rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a Edgar Bergen's Charlie McCarthy Ventriloquist doll

Customer Question

I have a Edgar Bergen's Charlie McCarthy Ventriloquist doll that is in the orginal box from Juro's ventriloquist dolls. On the other end of the box it says Juro. Goldberger Doll Mfg. Co., Inc. Brooklyn, NY. 11237. The box is in very nice condition, and the doll is in excellent condition, it was hardly played with, the doll is 30" tall, it has it's orginal clothes, shoes, and eye piece. It also has a pamphlet with it showing or telling how to use it: Presents 7 simple steps to ventriloquism. This doll was purchased for my daughter's 13th birthday, it was ordered from Montgomery Ward and was shipped to our house at that time, on the label it says 11/07/85. Is this worth something??
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 10 months ago.
This Goldberger/Juro novelty ventriloquist doll ofCharlie McCarthy in original box (1985) has a currentvalue of $75.00 to $85.00.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.