rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a set of office furniture from the Herman Miller Relay

Customer Question

I have a set of office furniture from the Herman Miller Relay Office series by Geoff Hollington. It includes the sit/stand table, two of the side tables, and a small hutch. All are solid cherry wood. All have tags/numbers, etc. identifying them as such on them. They have some packing tape residue on them that is cleanable. and there are scatches on the underside of the back part of the desk. I am wondering what this set would be worth. I can send pictures.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 7 months ago.
Hello,My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There was just the one photo with the inquiry.The next step would be for me to see pictures of the set and any marks/labels on the bottom.Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures (one at a time) and I will be able to complete my answer, thank you!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
These are teh tags on the table and the 2 side tables. I couldn't find the one on the cabinet...but I attached a better picture of it.
The tags on the bottom indicate the set was made in 1991based on numbers and the silver Herman Miller tag (1980+).This Herman Miller Relay Office set consisting of;sit/stand desk value of $1,000,side/corner $210 each,hutch $1200.00.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What would be the best place to advertise selling this set?
I think for this set, Chairish.com would be the best place to get a targeted audience.That site is rising in sales for vintage furniture and it is just furniture, so you are notgetting people looking for anything else there.You could also try a local auction, but you would expect 40% of the prices I quoted you plus a 15% commission to them.Do click the stars after you have read this answer.
Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?Please let me know.