rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have what looks like a Renoir print, but the color comes

Customer Question

I have what looks like a Renoir print, but the color comes off with a wet q-tip and I can't find a picture of this print in any book or online forums. It is a floral with a vase and a hand mirror on a table in front of the vase.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 7 months ago.
This is a print of Bouquet of Chrysanthemums and a Japanese Fan by Pierre-Auguste Renoir.The original is an oil on canvas that was done in 1945 and is currently in the Pushkin Museum.His work was widely reproduced over the years, so to know the publisher of this print would be nearly impossible.It was likely printed soon after the painting was created, so the late 40's to early 50's would be the date of this piece.The color in the print will disintegrate over time, and a wet q-tip would do that to any old print.This print has a current value of $75.00 in this condition.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Well Renoir died in 1920, so that does not make sense to me?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I see you meant the copy write not the actual painting, sorry about that!
I was not clear in that sentence, thanks for figuring that out!
Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?Please let me know.