AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Appraiser, Appraiser's Association of America. USPAP qualified through 2015.

I have 3 old books, but have no idea how old. Where do I go

Customer Question

I have 3 old books, but have no idea how old. Where do I go or can you help me?
Book # *****: Marmion, by Sir ***** *****, Author of "Lady of the Lake", Etc. Chicago, Donobue, Bennebery & Co., 407=429 Dearborn St. No ISBN. Marmion: Tale of Flodden Field. A poem, in six Cantos.
Book#2: Lucile, by Owen Meredith ( with over 100 illustrations) by Frank M. Gregory. New York. Dodge Publishing Company. 214-220 East 230 Street. Copyright, 1889, by Frederick A. Stokes & Bro. It has a leather back with a strip of cloth and string as the spine.
Book #3: Stories of Little Brown Koko. by Blanche Seale Hunt. Illustrated by Dorothy Wagstaff. Published by American Colortype Company. Chicago and New York. Copyrighter 1940. No cover .
Thank you.
Debra S.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 6 months ago.
Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.#1 is Marmion, and the publisher is DONOHUE HENNEBERRY. The date of publication is not known but is estimated at 1890. The company was in business under that name from 1880 to 1899. The value is around $10-$15.#2 is Lucile. The 1889 Stokes edition is valued at $30-$40.#3 is Stories of Little Brown Koko. The COLOTYPE edition is valued at $30-$40.Sincerely,Jennifer
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you very much for your time and information. Now I know what they are. Have a great day.
You're welcome! When you have a moment, I'd appreciate if you could accept/rate my answer.Sincerely,Jennifer
I see you have not yet rated/accepted my answer. How can I help you further?