rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I have a 99 piece set of Alfred Meakin china that I

Customer Question

Hello,I have a 99 piece set of Alfred Meakin china that I would like to know the value of for resale. The set includes 12 dinner plates, 12 salad/dessert plates, 12 bread & butter, 9 cups & saucers, 3 extra saucers, 2 addiaional cups with chips, covered sugar & cream, gravy boat, two covered vegetable dishes, two open vegetable dishes, 11 soup bowls, 11 fruit nappie's, one condiment bowl, one medium platter and one large platter. A few photos are attached showing the pattern and mark.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 6 months ago.
This is the Bazas pattern by Alfred Meakin with this mark having been used from 1905 to the 1920's.$144.00 12 dinner plates$120.00 12 salad/dessert plates$120.00 12 bread & butter$135.00 9 cups & saucers$ 15.00 3 extra saucers$ 10.00 2 additional cups with chips$ 40.00 covered sugar & cream$ 30.00 gravy boat$120.00 two covered vegetable dishes$ 60.00 two open vegetable dishes$132.00 11 soup bowls$132.00 11 fruit nappies$ 10.00 one condiment bowl$ 50.00 one medium platter$ 70.00 one large platterThis totals to a value of $1188 for the whole set. You could ask $1200 and negotiate down a bit form there.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi there,Thank you for your detailed answer ... much appreciated. Could you please tell me what currency you quoted your appraisal in?Thanks very much.Karen
Oh, I just now notice you are in Canada.So sorry. I did the values in US dollars.The total value would be $1522CAD.Do click the stars to accept the answer that I have given.
Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?Please let me know.