Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

Im 1962, while working in Nigeria, I perchased some African

Customer Question

Im 1962, while working in Nigeria, I perchased some African carvings and other artifacts. There were two carvings by Akin-Fakeye, one carving with a mother and twins; the other carving was a man playing a musical instrument. Also, while in Benin, I found an ancient group of musicans (5) sitting on a log as they played. Part of their image had deteriorated. Finally, I posess a special itching by Bruce Onobrakpeya, that was made and dedicated to me and my wife. I am interested in finding the value of these possessions, Any assistance will be gratefully appreciated.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I see you have been awaiting a response here. African carvings are not in my wheelhouse of expertise, however I do know a prominent dealer and expert in this area. If it would suffice, I can refer you to him and provide his contact information for you here, or I can opt-out and have your question open to all the experts again at no additional charge. Please let me know. Sincerely, Nora