rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

There is a George Ohr pallet piece in today's Treadway Toomey

Customer Question

There is a George Ohr pallet piece in today's Treadway Toomey auction That has a flows sidnature on bottom. Is the piece authentic? It is lot #96.
Thanks!
Lucy
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Lucy,This is an authentic signature and correctly glazed piece by George Ohr of Biloxi.It is a novelty inkwell in the shape of an artist's palette made from 1890-1910.He made a series of these inkwell in the shape of cabins, palettes and cannons.The signature is a match.I would expect the price to end at $1200 to $1500.Good luck!It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Curious to know how this went for you!Do click the stars so that the site will credit me for this answer.