rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

There is a George Ohr pallet piece in today's Treadway Toomey

Customer Question

There is a George Ohr pallet piece in today's Treadway Toomey auction That has a flows sidnature on bottom. Is the piece authentic? It is lot #96.
Thanks!
Lucy
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 7 months ago.
Lucy,This is an authentic signature and correctly glazed piece by George Ohr of Biloxi.It is a novelty inkwell in the shape of an artist's palette made from 1890-1910.He made a series of these inkwell in the shape of cabins, palettes and cannons.The signature is a match.I would expect the price to end at $1200 to $1500.Good luck!It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.
Curious to know how this went for you!Do click the stars so that the site will credit me for this answer.