rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Have a tea pot dated may 10 1898 ,and in a small cir.center

Customer Question

Have a tea pot dated may 10 1898 ,and in a small cir.center bottom.van beech silver plate co Rochester N.Y.then below that the numbers468
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 11 months ago.
Hello,My name isCustomerand I would love to help.The next step would be for me to see pictures of the item and any marks on the bottom.Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures (one at a time) and I will be able to complete my answer, thank you!
Would you like to me to give an estimate for you without photos? I really would love to be able to see it, but I can work without it, let me know.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I sure hope that since I am were l was before I texted u with no answer,lam not being charged right,no answer,no pay thanks
Expert:  rarewares replied 10 months ago.
We are required to ask for photos when when we can so that we can do a more accurate assessment.I apologize if that upset you, it is just part of the procedure here and pictures would not have cost any extra to add.You said this is marked Van beech, but there was no van beech and I think you mean van bergh.This is a Van Bergh Silver Plate teapot in pattern 468.Van Bergh Silver Plate Company operated in Rochester,New York from 1892 to 1926 by Frederick and Maurice Van Berghuntil the company was bought by Oneida in 1926. Your pot,dated 1898, is Victorian era silver plate which means that it isnot sterling silver but nickel metal that is coated with thin wash of silver.Your teapot has a current value of $45.00. It is important or you to click the stars after you have read this answer.