Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers

I have many 1970s madame alexander dolls that include Melanie

Customer Question

I have many 1970s madame alexander dolls that include Melanie and Scarlett O'Hara from "Gone with the Wind", international dolls, Little Women, the bride doll, Alice in Wonderland, Betsy *****, ***** Mary Quite Contrary, and a renoir doll. About 15 dolls in all. No in their original boxes, but in good shape. I am looking with sell them and was wondering what the best venue to do so would be.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Anything else I can tell the Antiques Appraiser before I connect you two?
Customer: I have a hugh doll collection beside these dolls that includes old barbies, Danbury mint dolls (Princess Di, Rose for the Titanic and Jacqueline Kennedy with their clothes and steamer trunks), Spice Girl Dolls and more that total about 50 dolls. I am looking to sell the whole lot in one shot. Is it possible that anyone would be interested in these dolls?
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and connect you two.
Customer: The other item I have for sale is a Robert Lebron painting of Cape Anne.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 6 months ago.
HI,My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.I know of two reputable auction houses that specialize in dolls.Dotta Auctions - Next doll auction on Saturday, May 14.Dotta Auction Company, Inc.Nazareth Auction Center330 W. Moorestown Road (Route 512)Nazareth, PA 18064PA. License AY-1950-L(610)(###) ###-####ttp:// Theriault's AuctionsNext doll auction - Monday, April 25Phone:(###) ###-####mail:***@******.***: PO Box 151Annapolis, MD 21404 I highly recommend either one of these for your needs. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.If you have any further questions or problems concerning this answer, please let me know.If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.Thank you so much!