rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

$2,900 Victorian 1800's Carved High Relief Cameo & Pearl

Customer Question

$2,900 Victorian 1800's Carved High Relief Cameo & Pearl Italy 14k YG Ring 6.1gI would like as much information on this ring as possible. The person I bought it from had the above advertisement on it.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What era, is it over 100 years old and is it valuable? What price range?
Expert:  rarewares replied 7 months ago.
I viewed the listing and he calls it 14k but does not show the mark. This piece also has a signature etched on the back of the cameo and he does not mention that either. You should ask about both of those things and ask for a photo of the 14k mark on the inside of the ring if you have not paid for yet.The construction of this ring is from the 1960's and not the 1800's. It would not have been worth 2900 even if it was an antique ring.It is worth $130 to $140 that it went for, that is a fair price for a 1960's Italian cameo and pearl halo ring.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.
Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?Please let me know.
Just a follow up to see how this turned out for you.Do click the stars to accept the help I gave you.