Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I was trying to see around what year my great grandmothers

Customer Question

I was trying to see around what year my great grandmothers china was from it is Smith Phillips and it look like it says 81 Elmo on the bottom. It has small purple flowers with gold trim.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable.
Customer: it looks as if it's the whole set, plates, bowls, coffee cups, platters and a few additional pieces. It's in pretty good shape.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Antiques Appraiser before I connect you two?
Customer: No just wondering it's value
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.I will be pleased to help you.Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls.I give my best answers in writing when I have time to think about them.Sometimes a "Chat box" will pop-up asking if you would like a live conversation. Please know it is not from me.Please send me two photos -One of the patternOne of the marks on the bottom.You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.To send photos you may use the "attach file" or "add file" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best. I look forward to seeing your photos.Kind regards,Doris
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Pics are below
The photos did not come through at this end.Please send your photos the email method.This is the official explanation of how to send photos via email:Please follow the directions exactly or they will not get to me.Send the picture to ***@******.*** the subject line put " Pictures for˜Doris in Antiques or Appraisals.".In the body of the message put, your user name and name..Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered withJust Answer, so they can verify who you are.This method takes longer because the photos are sent to the Just Answertechs who must forward them to me. It sometimes takes as long as 24 hours..They will forward them to me and as soon as I get them I will contact you.Kind regards,Doris
I just received your photos.Thank you.I need to know about your set before I can value it.How many people does it serve?How many pieces does each person have?Finally, what serving pieces do you have?These serving pieces can add 30-50% of value to a set. I look forward to your replies. Kind regards,Doris