Wayne, Auctioneer
Experience:  40 yrs. experience in antiques, jewelry, coins and paintings - ASA 1985

I have a 1923 1cent stamp franklin and a 1942 liberty holding

Customer Question

I have a 1923 1cent stamp franklin and a 1942 liberty holding torch from my collection what are they worth.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 6 months ago.
Hi,My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising stamps for over 40 years, and I can help you with this. The 1923 Fraklin is very common unfortunately. In mint unhinged condition these are selling for about $10.00 and used is $1.00. The 1942 1c stamp is common as well less than $5.00 retail in mint condition. As a good rule of thumb, when it comes to US stamps valuable stamps are usually pre 1940 and are higher denominations 20c and up. $1.00-5.00 face value stamps are in general the most valuable.Thanks,Wayne
Expert:  Wayne replied 6 months ago.
Hi,Is there anything else I can tell you about this? If not please take time to rate my service. This is the way justanswer compensates me for my time and efforts without additional cost to you. It has been a pleasure working with you.Thanks again,Wayne