Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

My name is ***** ***** Hilliard. I have recently inherited

Customer Question

Hello my name is ***** ***** Hilliard. I have recently inherited an antique dining room set made by Angelus furniture co. and sold to my grandparents in the late 1950's. A table and 8 chairs with a china Hutch and Buffet all pieces have been signed with the name "Lackman" and numbered "S7 1652/A20". I was wanting to get as much information about the set as you can give me especially selling cost and estimated current value. The set is in great condition with only a few scratches and a bit of water discoloration of the finish. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am wanting to know it's estimated value for insurance purposes. I rent and am looking into renters insurance and need some estimated value for the listed items. The set belonged to my grandparents. They bought it when they immigrated to this country from Italy in the mid 50's. It was the first major purchase they made, after the house they bought. I don't know where it was purchased or exacly when.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Antique Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 6 months ago.
Hello,My name isCustomerand I would love to help.The next step would be for me to see pictures of the set and marks so that I can get visual clues of the value.I can work without photos if this is too much trouble, just let me know, but it does help me to be more accurate.Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time and I will be able to complete my answer, thank you!