rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a huge set of Rosenthal Selb-Bavarian china pieces

Customer Question

I have a huge set of Rosenthal Selb-Bavarian china pieces that I've heard came from my great-grandmother when she came here from Sweden in the late 1890's. I am having trouble finding any matching info from the underside of a cup and anything on the internet.
Is there any chance I can send you a photo?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 7 months ago.
Hello,My name isCustomerand I would love to help. Let me know the pieces in your set, how many and what shapes.The next step would be for me to see pictures so that I can get visual clues of the date and value. Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures. Add pictures of the pattern and of any marks on the bottom.If the Add Files feature does not work for you, you can also email the pictures to***@******.*** and put 'forCustomerin antiques' in the subject line so that they will forward to me. Use the same email that you used to create your account. This way takes a few hours usually, so thank you in advance for your patience.
I got your pictures this afternoon.This is Rosenthal porcelain from Selb, Bavaria in pattern 2242, called the Barrington pattern, on the AIDA shape.The marks on the bottom date the set from 1895 to 1917.A service for 12 plus serving pieces has a current value of $600 to $700.00.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.