rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

Actually, I just have a question. My grandmother's china

Customer Question

Actually, I just have a question. My grandmother's china has the mark Hostess made in Japan REG. Do you know if it was made during US occupation?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: The china patterns is gold castle.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Antiques Appraiser before I connect you two?
Customer: That's it.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 6 months ago.
No, it was not made during the occupation.Those items has OCCUPIED JAPAN specifically written on them.The Gold Castle pattern was made in 1940.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.