Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

I recently acquired a Drexel Heritage bedroom suit from the

Customer Question

I recently acquired a Drexel Heritage bedroom suit from the Nine Elms collection which has been discontinued. Included in the set are a king bed frame, marble topped side table, dresser, mirror, and armoire. Can you tell me the approximate value?
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My email address is***@******.***
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 8 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.I will be pleased to help you.Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls.I give my best answers in writing when I have time to think about them.Sometimes a "Chat box" will pop-up asking if you would like a live conversation. Please know it is not from me. Please send me a photo of your set. To send photos you may use the "attach file" or "add file" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best. Kind regards,Doris
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have already added 4 pictures but I will send them again
Your photos just came through a short while ago.Thank you for the information and photos.Please allow me time to research the data required by your question, calculate current values and write my answer.I should be back within 40 minutes.I thank you in advance for your patience.Kind regards,Doris
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks! The furniture is in great shape! It's like new!
Please give me a little longer. Values are a bit harder to find than I thought.Kind regards,Doris
My research indicates that a retail vintage store value of $3000-3500 assuming very good condition. Online auctions like eBay generally bring wholesale selling prices.If you would like to sell close to retail , some ideas are:Your local Craig's ListThe internet has your largest audience of buyers.These sites are excellent and more upscale but there fees. I only recommend them if you have several items to sell.GoAntiques.comRubylane.comTias.comcyberattic.comtrocadero.com Be sure to specify local pick up only. That way the buyer would be responsible for obtaining his own insurance and transport.A private seller to a dealer or at auction can expect 30-60% of retail value.I hope I have helped you.If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM CREDITED BY JA for my knowledge, time and effort.Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.Kind regards.DorisIf you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put my name (Doris) at the first of the question, that will make sure it gets to me.Thank you.