Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a set of golf irons made in the eighties by Macgregor

Customer Question

I have a set of golf irons made in the eighties by Macgregor for Jack Nicklaus to his specs.
Set includes the one iron thru the pitching wedge. Several sets were made; but, this model was never sold commercially. A Similar set was listed on eBay a couple of years ago for $2600. I don't know if they sold or not. That ad on eBay included a letter stating that Jack Nicklaus did not like the clubs and gave them to someone named in the letter. They then found their way to the seller in the ad. The iron set I have is identical except it also has G.B. engraved on each iron. They is no model designation for these set if clubs. I have played with these clubs for several years. They were made in the middle eighties when Nicklaus owned part of Macgregor. I am looking for a source the can identify these clubs appropriately. Pictures are available.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 7 months ago.
HelloThank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed. Do you want to authenticate the set? Thanks
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What does authentication involved?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Robert, What would authentication look like? I would think you would need some type if identification of the clubs to answer my existing request.
Regards,
Bill