rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I recently purchased a diamond tennis bracelet from an

Customer Question

Hi. I recently purchased a diamond tennis bracelet from an auction. I was told the bracelet is 14Kt, which is clearly marked on the bracelet but the numbers 375 are also stamped on it. Is there a jeweler that uses the identification stamp 375 or was I possibly ripped off. Please advise.
Thanks, Joan
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 6 months ago.
Hello Joan,The number 375 denotes the European mark for 10k gold. In order for the bracelet to be 14k, it would be marked 585 (or 14k).14k is more valuable than 10k and jewelers use poor quality diamonds in 10k jewelry.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.
Sorry, typo-375 is 9k gold.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The bracelet has both stamps on it. 14KT & 375
Let me see the bracelet. This sounds odd unless theconstruction is, for example, 14kt mounts/prongs and anotherdecorative part is 9k. This does not sound common at all.You can use the Add Files feature to add pictures if you'd like.