Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers
57035021

I have a 1930 Topsy Turvy doll which is in need of repair.

Customer Question

I have a 1930 Topsy Turvy doll which is in need of repair. I would like to restore it.. Original owner my mother. Original doll original clothing but black doll needs the head repaired and one arm replaced. Can you tell me the value of the doll and can you recommend a doll hospital in the Phoenix area?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 7 months ago.
Hi Mary,My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.The current value of the doll in the condition you are describing is very close to nil. You are wise to have it restored, as the resulting value could be in the $300 to $500 range.There are no experienced doll hospitals in Phoenix, but there is one with a great reputation in Elmira, New York. Here is their web site: http://www.taggertydollclinic.com/ Wishing you all the best of luck!I hope this answer has been helpful to you, Mary.If you have any further questions or problems concerning this answer, please let me know.If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.Thank you so much!