Wayne, Auctioneer
Experience:  40 yrs. experience in antiques, jewelry, coins and paintings - ASA 1985
67223111

Please help. I am looking to appraise my 1800 to

Customer Question

Please help. I am looking for someone to appraise my 1800 to early 1900 post cards from Red Star Line.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 8 months ago.
Hi,My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising collectibles for over 40 years, and I can help you with this. What do you have?Thanks,Wayne
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello Sir, Thank you for your prompt response. I have a very large collection of Red Star Line stuff. Mostly postcards a couple of posters a hand paper fan. Probably 1000 post cards. I received from a passing uncle. I would like to sell these items and I do not know their value or whom to contact to sell. Are you able to help me?Thank you
Expert:  Wayne replied 8 months ago.
Hi,Can you post a photo of the posters and a few of the cards?1.Click the paperclip icon2.Click the Browse icon3.Click the Browse button4.Select your file and click Open5.Click OK6.Click Insert7.Click Save Changes on this pagehttp://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes I will this evening I have been traveling. Thank you
Expert:  Wayne replied 7 months ago.
Thank you,Wayne
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello Wayne,As you will see I have posters, Old magazines, 1000's of post cards all types of ship lines mostly Red Star, I have a vintage fan I have not been able to find anywhere on the internet. I am not interested in selling post cards one by one this is why I am looking for a collector. The one from MWPC is from The Department of Treasury I believe. I have lost of those pictures too. Any insight you have to offer would be helpful. Thank you so very much. Kim
Expert:  Wayne replied 7 months ago.
Hi,The post cards are selling for $4-6 each on average.As a lot about $2 each. The NWPMC '86 was printed in cooperation with the bureau of engraving. These were given to people who attended the convention. This would be worth $10 to a collector. The Sphere magazines are selling on average of $4-8 each.Thank you,Wayne
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you Wayne..So do you believe the best place for me to sell these items is ebay? Also any thoughts on the Poster or the framed Fan?
Expert:  Wayne replied 7 months ago.
Hi,I think eBay would be a good venue to sell these items.Thanks,Wayne