Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have a letter opener. The blade is brass, and the handle

Customer Question

I have a letter opener. The blade is brass, and the handle appears to be scrimshaw with engravings of animals on it. How can I tell if it's really ivory or whatever?
I also have an antique Navaho watch bracelet with 4 turquoises. It is silver and brass. On the inside it reads AHO301 and sterling and something I can't read. Any thoughts?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 6 months ago.
Hi,My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising * for over 40 years, and I can help you with this. Can you post a photo of these?1.Click the paperclip icon2.Click the Browse icon3.Click the Browse button4.Select your file and click Open5.Click OK6.Click Insert7.Click Save Changes on this page