rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I need information about this piece.

Customer Question

I need information about this piece.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 7 months ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.Open one of the drawers and look on the inside to see if there is a maker's name there. Also look on the back and let me know if there is anything stenciled or written on the wood or on a label there. Take out a drawer (if they come out) and turn it upside down to see if there is writing there.Let me know when you acquired it and any more information that you already know about the piece.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No labels or stencils. I purchased this at Goodwill.
This is an Eastlake style waterfall dresser with brass hardware and swing mirror.Eastlake style means that it is an American-made dresser from circa 1930-40that is representing a Victorian style of furniture in the 1870-80's called Eastlake.This dresser has a current value of $150.00.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What type of wood is it?
It looks like it is cherry.
Was there anything else that you need to know about this piece?Do click the stars to accept my answer, thanks!