Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I recently acquired a watercolor/gouache painting from a dealer

Customer Question

I recently acquired a watercolor/gouache painting from a dealer in Europe. It is signed A. Lentulov in Cyrillic. It bears a Russian stamp on the back with the name of artist in Cyrillic and the date 1948. It also has the signature again in Cyrillic on the back. It is a landscape/sketch of trees and houses. The size is 16.5 inches by 23.5 inches. My basic research shows that Lentulov was one of the leaders of the Russian avant garde movement. However, there are many creases in it as it was sent to me in a very narrow tube that further creased it. In fact, there is a deep crease that was created in shipment that runs across the middle of the painting as well as creases along borders. There are also some small tears in the margins. I would like an appraisal of this artwork! Thank you!
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.
Hello, In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images of the front, back (do not remove from frame) and a clear, in-focus close-up of the signature. If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end. Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here. ~Nora