Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

My name is ***** ***** - regarding Reed & Barton 5600 Service

Customer Question

my name is ***** ***** - regarding Reed & Barton 5600 Service set . the tray is approx. 25" by 11" (incl. Handles) a Creamer, Sugar bowl w/Lid & Tea/Coffee pot.is this a 5 piece set? It doesn't say silver plate the only Markings are Reed & Barton 5600 and two other small trade marks that I can't read. do you have any Idea if it is Silver? if so approx. value?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: not much, it was given to me It is Heavy and has four indivually attached Legs. on all Items. The Tray has crown with a cross on top below that is 18__83 and Below that is F.B. RogersSilver Co I guess this is not a set still wonder if it is silver or plated
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Antique Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, The Reed & Barton set and the tray by F.B. Rogers are both silverplated wares and not sterling silver. The Reed & Barton 5600 tea set is called the Regent set and it sells for as high as $150 - $200 for the set together, which is relatively high for silver plate. A large plated tray can sell for $65 - $100 on today's market. ~Nora