Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have a very old rocking chair; I was told it came from Ireland

Customer Question

I have a very old rocking chair; I was told it came from Ireland with my father's family.
I look up antique rocking chairs and it has some features that look like neoclassical however. It has curved arms, cushioned seat, rings around the legs (?). I don't want to sell, just want to know about this chair that has been in my family ever since I can remember.
Thank you
***** *****ridge
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hello, In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images. If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end. Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here. ~Nora
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have photos of the rocker, but I don't know how to send them over the internet. I will have to wait until tomorrow, Monday, so my daughter can send them for me. I am sorry for the delay.Margaret
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hi Margaret, You can try emailing your images to***@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email. Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin. ~Nora
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Nora,We just sent two photos of the rocking chair to you for a "heads up'. Thanks very much; I hope you will be able to tell me something about where it came from, etc. My parents had the chair long before I was born: I am 72 years old. I am moving and I want to make sure that whichever one of my children I give it to will know something about it. I thought I did, but as the years go by I am no longer so sure.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Good Morning Nora,We just got an email this morning advising that the photos did not go through. We will try again this evening when my daughter gets home from work. I am sorry this is such a deal, I can't wait to hear what you know, (if anything) about my chair.***** *****ridge