Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details

Customer Question

Hi ***** *****,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I just read an answer you provided for an SFBJ 252 11 doll and I have the same doll. I am trying to see if it is worth trying to sell to a collector. It has the original Paris stamp, but there is an engraving next to the tap that says " Jerry McCloud 1979" was it custom made for the purchaser or do you know what that would be?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Antique Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hi, Your doll with the additional mark of Jerry McCloud 1979 is a reproduction of the SFBJ 252 11" doll. The molds were sold in the 1970's and 1980's and hobbyists made these 'modern antique' versions. Jerry McCloud would have been the person who made this doll. These sell for as high as $50 on today's market. ~Nora