rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I have a set of china from H&C selb Bavaria. It is at least

Customer Question

I have a set of china from H&C selb Bavaria. It is at least 70 years old and Id like to sell it.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: do you need a picture?\
JA: Anything else I can tell the Antiques Appraiser before I connect you two?
Customer: It is a 12 set but I am missing one serving piece and one piece has a chip.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 6 months ago.
Hello,My name isCustomerand I would love to help. Let me know what is in your set.The next step would be for me to see pictures of the pattern and marks so that I can get visual clues of the date and value.Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time and I will be able to complete my answer, thank you!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
12 cups, 12 dessert bowls, 12 soup bowls, 11 bread and butter plates, 11 appetizer plates, 12 saucers, 12 dinner plates, 1 gravy boat, 15" platter, 20" platter, 1 vegetable bowl, 1 large bowl, 1 round server platter, 1 covered soup tourene, 1 sugar, 1 creamer.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm not sure if I'm sending the same picture or not. Let me know if you need anything else.
Got them both, thanks!I will work on your answer and be back with you in a bit.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Alright. Thanks.
This is a Du Barry pattern (17485) with gold trim made byHeinrich and Co of Selb, Bavaria (Germany) in the 1950's,this back stamp having been used after 1947.The service for 12 plus serving pieces has a value of $400 to $500 for the whole set.You can sell the set on Ebay,,, or you can join your local Facebook yard sale page and offer the set there.You could also consign to an auction house in your area so that you would not have to ship fragile porcelain.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.
Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?Please let me know.