Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

JA: . What is your issue regarding? Customer:

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hello. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I inherited a small painting after my aunt
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It's an oil painting - original
JA: Anything else I can tell the Antiques Appraiser before I connect you two?
Customer: madonna with a child
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and connect you two.
Customer: black background
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.
Hello, In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to know the size and see images of the front, back (do not remove from frame) and a clear, in-focus close-up of the signature. If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end. Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here. ~Nora
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Nora, unfortunately i store the painting in another location, and I am currently not able to make a photo of its back :-( I attach 2 photos. In one, the more colorful one, I enhanced the colors in a graphic program a bit for a better visibility - only in one of the photos. The other is as-is. The painting is ca. 25x35 centimeters. No artist's signature is visible. It has been in my family "forever", my grandma inherited it in 1945 and it was already "forever" in the family. It is an oil painting on canvas.
Thanks a lot,
Agnieszka