Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I HAVE AN OIL PAINTING FROM GERMANY DATED ON THE WOOD FRAME

Customer Question

I HAVE AN OIL PAINTING FROM GERMANY DATED ON THE WOOD FRAME GERMANY 1960,CIEMOAU. THE CANVAS HAS A STAMP WITH A CREST AUS VIKTORIA MALLEINEN ON THE BACK. THE SIGNATURE IS DIFFICULT TO DETERMINE . IT LOOKS LIKE A CAPITAL FR. THEN THERE IS A PETGZ. IT IS A MOUNTAIN LANDSCAPE WITH TREES, CHURCH,CHALET, AND CHICKENS ALONG A PATH THAT RUNS OFF THE CENTER OF BOTTOM OF THE PAINTING. IT WAS PURCHASED SOMETIME IN THE 1960S IN GERMANY SO THE DATE IS PROBABLY WHEN IT WAS PAINTED. DO YOU HAVE A IDEA OF THE ARTIST AND POSSIBLE VALUE?
tHANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HERE IS A PHOTO OF THE SIGNATURE AND PAINTING
FOR FURTHER INFO
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hello, At your convenience, please send the size and a clear, well-lit close-up image of the signature on this as well as a view of the backside (do not remove from frame). ~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am not able to decipher the signature from the photos. From the style, size and age I can provide an estimate of value if you would like. ~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I would like an estimate.