Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017

I have a small bowl from Nagasaki that has been deformed by

Customer Question

I have a small bowl from Nagasaki that has been deformed by the nuclear blast. My father-in-law brought this back from Japan after the war. He was there in the Navy. I have his original letter describing the devastation at Nagasaki in which he mentions the bowls that he found. The letter is dated November 28, 1945. This should show you a picture of the bowl:
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hello, These historical relics from the devastating bombing on Nagasaki sell for $100 - $300 on today's market. You may also want to contact the Pirate's Lair, a dealer who specializes in military items from this era as well as the Nagasaki Atomic Bomb Museum. Here are the links to their sites for you: ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hello, Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance? Please let me know. Sincerely, Nora