Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017

I have a silver jewelry box that is ,arked with a swan and

Customer Question

I have a silver jewelry box that is ,arked with a swan and a t. Can you tell me what the marking means
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have a silver jewelry box that is marked with a swan and a t. What does the marking mean?
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hello, In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images and clear, in-focus close-ups of the mark If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end. Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hello, A silver object stamped with a swan is a French mark, it indicates it is sterling but came into France without sterling marks to indicate country of origin. To re-iterate, the piece was not made in France, it entered into France from unknown origin. The entry point was in Pontarlier on the Swiss border and was active from 1865 - 1933. ~Nora