rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I have the silver and gold statue of A Giannelli Bald eagle

Customer Question

I have the silver and gold statue of A Giannelli Bald eagle 1976. Purchased in New York 2006. am curious to know it's approximate value and how do I market it, it is so heavy...Keith Holland Australia
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: what else can I say only that it sits on my table ready to fly
JA: Anything else I can tell the Antiques Appraiser before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 6 months ago.
Hello,My name isCustomerand I would love to help.The next step would be for me to see pictures of the statue and marks so that I can get visual clues of the size, date and value.Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time and I will be able to complete my answer, thank you!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Have included 2 photos
This piece is by the artist, Arnaldo Giannelli, (Italian, born 1907).This artist was a master sculptor that graduated from the Royal School of Art and in 1944 opened his own studio with much of his work commissioned by the allied forces. He was named the president of the "Alabaster Craftsman Guild" from 1953 until 1961.Among his better known works was a bust of Dwight D. Eisenhower and a bust of the president of Kenya. He was awarded the title of "Cavaliere della Repubblica" in 1970 for his professional achievements in the fine arts field. His models have been cast in a number of mediums such as bronze, silver, and bonded alabaster and marble (a resin and powdered stone mix).These pieces are all made from molds, and while not mass produced, they are made in large numbers for the decorator market. His company, named Egregia is still in operation.This silvered eagle is a silver overlay and not solid silver. In the current market his larger birds like this eagle with a silver overlay sell at auction for over $600.00USD or $794AUD, with a replacement value for insurance purposes of about $1,100.00USD or 1456AUD.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.