rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a O.Guthertz Limoge serving dish and 8 small matching

Customer Question

I have a O.Guthertz Limoge serving dish and 8 small matching dishes in a deep pink with what looks like a Venetian scene on all prices. I have no idea what they are or worth and can't find anything similar on the web. Any ideas? They were my great grandmothers. Thanks. Karen Gaughan
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 8 months ago.
Hello,My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There was only one picture that came with your original inquiry (front).The next step would be for me to see pictures of the mark so that I can get visual clues of the date and value.Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time and I will be able to complete my answer, thank you!
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok. Have sent a sot of one of the 8 small dishes and its mark which is same as big dish only the big dish mark is a bit more faded. Hope this helps. Thanks so much.
Oscar Gutherz was a porcelain manufacturer and exporter from Bohemia, Czechoslovakia (now Czech Republic).He merged with Edgar Githerz and other companies to export French(limoges) and Austrian porcelain to the US.This is a Gutherz Limoges French porcelain nut dish set consisting of a master bowl and smaller serving bowls hand paintedwith exotic canal way scenes and claret colored borders.This set dates to 1920-38 and has a current value of $75.00.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.
Expert:  rarewares replied 7 months ago.
Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?Please let me know.