rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a long clock that was made in Germany in 1870. It runs

Customer Question

I have a long clock that was made in Germany in 1870. It runs perfectly. Can set to chime every 15 or 30 minutes. Also chimes on the hour.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 8 months ago.
This is a German arch top tall case clock from the early 20th century (more like 1920 not 1870), with a floral and cornucopia carved oak case and a triple weight driven movement likely made by Germania or H. Winterhalder of Neustadt, Germany. You might open the back and look at the movement if you are able. There should be numbers or words somewhere on this movement.I did find one similar.http://www.sydowsantiques.com/h12887.htmSome clocks like this were made by Gustav Becker, but this is not marked and the fruit are not carved deep enough.This clock you have has a value of $800 to $900 in working condition.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.
Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?Please let me know.