Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an old Italian pitcher that was my mothers. It appears

Customer Question

I have an old Italian pitcher that was my mothers. It appears to be crudely grooved in the clay with various patterns, colored green leaves and a couple of blue flowers with yellow centers. Other symetrical zig-zag patterns in brown, yellow, and blue are around the top, spout and handle, bordered in brown. There is a predominent bird below the spout in black/grey. There are two embossings on the bottom: one is oval about 1/2 x 1 inch - I can make out AREZZO along the bottom, and above is really hard to read, but looks like ARETINIZULINO. The other embossing is rectangular, about 1/4 x 3/4", and just says MADE IN ITALY. My mother received it as a gift about 1940. Can you tell me anything about it?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hello, In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images and clear, in-focus close-ups of the marks. If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end. Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here. ~Nora