Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017

I have an oil painting by Sonia or Soria called Beached. Have

Customer Question

I have an oil painting by Sonia or Soria called Beached. Have not found any information on the artist.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hello, In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to know the size and see images of the back (do not remove from frame) and a clear, in-focus close-up of the signature. If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end. Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here. ~Nora
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry for the delay. attached are pictures showing signature and back.
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hi, Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you. ~Nora
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you very much.
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hi, Thank you for your patience. The first 'line of order' here would be to determine if this was painted by the artist Becky Soria from Bellaire, Texas. Here is a link to her site and there is a contact link for her on there: If the artist confirms that the work is hers or not, I can help with the value for you after possible confirmation. ~Nora
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Do I contact her? Went on the link but am not sure how to ask the question. Not good online.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok, I have sent a personal message. No place to attach pictures and I do not want,to join another site. Keeping,fingers crossed. So many SORIA painters. Go figure. But this is the furthest I have gotten in 40 years.
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Great! Please let me know if you do read back from her. ~Nora
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok....looking at that page it doesn't seem to be her style. A.Soria has one similar but the signature does not match
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Styles by artists do evolve over time, so it is possible it is her work. ~Nora
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is she old enough? My husband and I have been together since 1979 and it has been in his possession since before then. Just curious.
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hello, Good point, seems this would be a little too early for her as she started her career in the 1980's. However, it can also be early student work, which would many times be different in style form career work. ~Nora
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have sent her a message on the link and her FB page.
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Great, I hope she responds back! ~Nora
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Me too. Would hate to be at a dead end. On her Facebook page there was no picture of her signature. So close...
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Being asked to rate your service. Not sure how as I don't feel the question is satisfied yet. I still do not know who the artist is.