Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017

Pearl- JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my

Customer Question

Hi Pearl-
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I have a small side chair, carved with a pressed leather scene of a man & woman. The chair back is carved and curved. The seat narrows toward the back and is held together by wooden dowels. I would like to send you a picture.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Antiques Appraiser before I connect you two?
Customer: My name is*****
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hi Ann, Please send images at your convenience. There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos: ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hi, In general, the type of chair you describe was made in both Germany and America circa 1890's - 1910's. They sell for $300 - $400 on today's market. I can further confirm what you have if you would like to send images of the chair. There is not an additional charge to add photos here. ~Nora