Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I HAVE A FISH PLATTER WITH 6 FISH PLATES. MARKING A CIRCLE

Customer Question

I HAVE A FISH PLATTER WITH 6 FISH PLATES. MARKING A CIRCLE WITH LIMOGES FRANCE AND AK CD IN INNER CIRCLE. ALSO A 6 POINTED STAR SMALL. FRANCE PRINTED UNDERNEATH IT.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Your French porcelain fish set was produced in Limoges, France. The AKCD mark stands for A. Klingenberg and Charles Dwenger who merged in the 1890's. The type of mark you describe dates the set to 1900 - 1910.

Here is a link for you to a comparable set by the same maker that recently sold for $299.99:

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/1890-1910-limoges-france-13-piece-1800639472

A few decades ago these sets sold for significantly higher and now the market is regional on these. They do sell well regionally in the south such a Louisiana (New Orleans especially).

You can garner $300 - $500 for your set and the suggested insurance or replacement value is $1000.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora