Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I am inquiring about a label "______ mahogany" the writing

Customer Question

I am inquiring about a label "______ mahogany" the writing above it has the word "solid an in.small writing below "west coast Africa
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.
Hello, In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images and clear, in-focus close-ups of the label. If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end. Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.
Hi, Some of the mahogany labels either meant that the wood used on the item was genuine mahogany and that the maker was a member of a 'fair trade' style group that ensured they only used real mahogany. The group came about in the mid 20th century to ensure buyers they were getting the real thing. I can confirm this further for you if you would like to send images. There is not an additional cost to do so here. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.
Hello, In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images and clear, in-focus close-ups of the mark If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end. Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here. ~Nora