Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I just asked the question about the piano sheet music dating

Customer Question

I just asked the question about the piano sheet music dating in the 20's and 30's. I want to know if they were worth anything substantial and who I contact that will be fair. There are a variety of titles and publishers. Looks like it is fairly simple and some have "Uke Acc". I don't want to pay for this service and then not have it worth the money I invested. I do not have way to send detailed pics as I have an old cell phone
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.
Hi, In general vintage sheet music sells for a high average $5 - $10 per piece, though most sell for $1-$3. They are primarily collected for the cover illustrations and used by decorators to frame as decorative wall art. There is not a comprehensive list of 'interested buyer's' of old sheet music and the best method for selling would be through Ebay. I do not suggest offering these to a dealer, for if they are interest, the offer will be 10% - 30% of the lowest perceived value. Another option is to donate them to a charity shop and to request the donation form for taxes. You can then claim about $3 per piece and use that as a donation write-off for the tax year. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance on these for you. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.
Hello, Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance? Please let me know. Sincerely, Nora