Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a grand jockey how much do you think it's worth

Customer Question

Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Here some more photos
Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.
Hi, Is there a signature anywhere on this? Also what is the size and can you please send a clear, well-lit image of the underside. ~Nora
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
560mm tall x 600mm width
Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for the dimensions. Is there a signature anywhere on this?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It looks like to me it's made from brass and silver plated
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Signature where would it be
Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.
Hi, Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you. ~Nora
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.
Hi, If signed, the signature would be impressioned around the base. ~Nora
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Looks number 207
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It's been with me 25 years I bough it from a deceased estate sale
Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for checking
Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.
Hi There, I have not found a match to this for you. I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra. There is not a guarantee that you will receive a response. I will not be able to respond back after opting-out I do hope you find the information that you seek. ~Nora
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 8 months ago.
Good morning,My name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.This is a copy of "Le Grand Jockey," after Isidore Jules Bonheur (French 1827-1901).The original was cast in 1860. Subsequently, the molds were purchased, and it's been re-cast pretty constantly since then.This would not be an original cast, it appears to be more "in the style of," as a number of the small details are different. (The way the hand grasps the reins, the texturing on the horse's coat and the base, the position of the booted foot, and a few other details.) It also doesn't contain the signature (according to you) "L. Bonheur," which would be on all originals and recasts from the original mold.Are you looking for a retail value, for insurance purposes, or a possible resale value?Jennifer
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes
Are you looking for a retail value, for insurance purposes, or a possible resale value, or both?Jennifer
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes