Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017

I think i may have a foundry copy of a Chiparus shimmer - how

Customer Question

I think i may have a foundry copy of a Chiparus shimmer - how do i find out if i do? it is very high quality work with enameled color in the skirt - there is no signature and it is mounted on bronze plate over a black marble block doesn't look like his original stands. but the work is very FINE and it weighs about 80 lbs. i have pix if that helps
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I can't seem to upload the picture so email me at***@******.*** and i can try and copy it to you in email.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hi~ There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos: ~OR~ You can try emailing your images to***@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email. Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hi, Generally an original Chiparus that was produced in the foundry would have both a signature and a foundry stamp. Without a foundry stamp it is likely a later reproduction. I can further confirm for you if you would like to send photos, there is not an additional charge to do so. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hello, Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance? Please let me know. Sincerely, Nora