Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Where can I get an ID and appraisal 6.75"

Customer Question

Where can I get an ID and appraisal for a 6.75" antique key that appears to be very old - as in circa 1700's or earlier?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.
Hello, Can you please send clear, in-focus, close up images of the locking end of the key. ~Nora
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Nora, thank you for your prompt response. However, I see that your area of expertise does not appear to cover the area of locks, keys, and the like. I'm also concerned that your asking for more information has qualified as a response - and my credit card has now been billed $30, not the $5 of "earnest money". I'll contact Just Ask and request a refund, as I don't think this course of discovery is going to result in a response that I feel comfortable paying for. Not personal, but directed to the method and policy of Just Ask. Thank you again for your time and response, but I will pass. Rich Ewing
Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.
Hi Rich, Thank you for getting back to me. I will send your request to admin on your behalf, and I recommend you contact them from your end as well. Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who do not handle charges, fees, credit cards, memberships or subscriptions in any way or form. For such queries, use this link for assistance:http://ww2.justanswer.com/help I will not be able to respond back after sending in your request. I do hope you find the information that you seek. Sincerely, Nora
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you. Understood that you can no longer respond. Your reply is another example of what I have a problem with: under your response - there is an offer to talk on the phone to make it easier to help and ask questions ... for an additional $34. So my math says I will have spent $64 to receive not information about the item, but questions from you to better research the item. Again, not personal. Your experience is excellent. If I wanted art evaluated and valued, furniture, or the like, I would be satisfied with your assistance. But for an antique key I would prefer (and pay for) a much narrower area of expertise that focused on locks, keys, safes, antique security, etc. I trust that you agree.